Thursday 9 February 2017

The choice

                                        

                            Dedicated to Shweta and Siddharth
Dedicated to each artist and content maker :)


Image result for music

24th December 2015
St.Joseph School
Delhi

My summer vacation were just over. I was freaky, about to enter my 10th grade and meet new friends. Being in 10th standard pokes you up with pressures like board exams, your first girlfriend and subtly you’re never ending smoking habit. I was lucky enough to live as I had all of the above described. But more than that one thing which used to entertain and puck I was music. The thing for which I live and the field in which I want to explore further. When you hit puberty you gradually start finding what you want to do and what is happening with you.

Hi, this is Siddharth Kashyap, a 16 year old music-freak who feels for a girl named Shweta Sharma, my ultimate support, guiding me from time to time and teasing me from chats to chats. We both have been in same class for 12 years, the interesting part is our relationship grew as the length of our social-science answer sheets. Yeah social science one of the worst thing, I have to go through to replicate my neurons to grab each texts printed. And the most fucked up part is you don't score, until and unless you have written the same word. My love of music and studies became inversely proportional as I grew up. Music has also been in my nerve, senses and exemplify each moment for which my heart beat.

Then one thing happened which changed by life completely, I got selected to perform in a concert organised by school. There were total 82 applicants and I was the one who nailed it all.

Few months later
At the school campus
Performing on “This is my story”


The feeling was damn great, the snore of the wind, the glimpse of Shweta’s eyes and public cheer was fostering me to be the best in me and best I ever got. I recited some lines to inspire me:
60000 people are jumping off their seats
I can’t think about it they are throwing roses at my feet
I take a bow and thank you all for coming out!!
The session went well, I rocked the show and everything saw the upcoming Siddharth Kashyap in me. The era continued till I wanted to, after 10th I make it to state and some function concerts. But when I hit internationally what I found was this field has a lot to face and fight. Mumbai is daily rained by composers, singers, actors and breeze out their desires and summon their dreams. But hardly few make it just like IITians do. Hard part but that’s how reality snuffles me to ponder over the thoughts.
After school I took a drop and went to Mumbai to try my luck, and my girlfriend took Maths and chose engineering as a career. This is where the choice boggles me to rehearse my music lessons. This is the conversation which changed my life completely:
I: Hi, so results are out!! What you are up to?
She: As usual take mathematics and live a life with you laterJ. What about you?
I: Going to Mumbai to pursue my dream, a national superstar. I’m just tired of singing for the same people, I want to rise it off, make it larger as much as I can!!
She: What?? Ha ha!! This is not a movie Mr. Kashyap, I believe in you but you are so young. It is just not easy. And what about us? I always had you tell that I’m just not okay with your coming profession, with what you do. I mean this career is so insecure to pursue upon. Just look at me I might get a job soon and live a secure life. All I can say is let’s forget what happened, the things are morphed to be over. See you someday. Bye

I: (some tear drops over my smartphone) that’s how life hurts you to fuck you up completely. The girl left just because she didn’t like my profession.
The interesting part of life is “You admire a struggler, you foster and cheer a dreamer, but one thing which annoys me is you never love a struggler. No matter how talented artists of my country is, they had to hear a lot from there engineer friends, MBA professionals a lot. Being affected by reality I keep saying to myself never give up cause my time will count down soon.
7 years later
Everything is changed and felicitated. I was invited to sing for a hotel inauguration. The music industry served me a lot and I dedicated everything I had for the same. I came up in my attire, all ready to focus and embark the sound of life that has been rebuking me to work over myself.
All set 1, 2, 3 Go!!!
I took my first note, and getting it up to the chorus all I found was a face in front of me. I wanted to stop but couldn’t as I didn’t want to be a disgrace in front of my audience. But somewhere somehow I stumble over. Slideshow started running while I was singing. That face was of Shweta I saw her after 8 years.

Cheers!!!
Applauds for Siddharth Kashyap J
That’s how Karma does its work, I saw that face again, enchanted back voices and leaned over past but the thing which kept me up was the desire for being high in my career. People do come and go to teach you a lesson, just do what you want to and the world will be at your fingertips!!

Stop reacting!!
Start responding!!
Kapil J

Related Articles

4 comments:

About

Kapil Yadav is the owner of the blog Esperanza. He is an aspiring author, blogger , technology freak and an ultimate opportunist. An evergrowing learner and a cool content writer.He has been writing stories and poems since he was 13 years and the journey for him is just everlasting.