Saturday 10 September 2016

The Boatman

#inspiration #dedication #time_is_now

10 am

Allahbad 

At Triveni Sangam 

After a 8 hour tiring journey from Bhopal to Allahbad I entered the Allahbad junction a place consisting of helpful decent bihari people, tribal beautiful ladies and the enlightment seeking people also known as Sadhus. The whole environment was driving my mind to answer all my past questions. Leaving my philosophical thought behind I took a taxi and headed to The Triveni Sangam. It took me nearly 30 minute as it was around 7-8 kilometer from the junction. I was enjoying my ride as I always love to travel and discover places and people , from where and whom I get to know about their beliefs and thought pattern.



11 am 




I reached Triveni Sangam the sand on the land provoked my feet to run but somehow I manage , you know how difficult it becomes to walk on sand in hot drifty afternoon. Let me tell you about the place. Triveni Sangam is known as triveni sangam cause here three holy rivers meet namely Yamuna, Ganga and the invisible Saraswati. Mathematically algebraic sum of three rivers equal to Triveni Sangam. It is believed that people who discard corpses after their death get a peaceful life later on. Being a technical student I dont find such things to be logical but who knows anything can happen at any time. 

Then I reached near the river I asked for a boat ride the guy asked me ₹500 but somehow I settled him down to freak ₹350. Then I stepped on the boat and could actually detect the pleasant smell of the river. Inspite of being he discarded place of corpses the river is crystal clear and amazing. I put my hand inside the river by leaning on either side of the boat and the view was even fascinating than finding your true love. 

Then from the Sangam my concentration went to the guy who was actually riding the boat. A dark skin,skinny personality nearly 5"8 in height but the charm on his face was showing his dedication towards his work. Then we had a conversation which I created a deep impression in my mind for a lifetime.His name was Jagdish.

Kapil : How many hours to toil up a day?

Jagdish: Usually depends from season to season sometimes during winter I work around 12 hours. In summer I end up working for 8 hours and monsoon hardly 4-5 hours.

Kapil: Who's in your family??

Jagdish : I dont have parents .

He became a bit sad. I patted him on his back and told him tell me what happened .

Jagdish : I dont remember clearly but when I was around 11 years old I was playing nearby river and all of a sudden I heard a scream  I ran like anything then I found  that the boat my father used to ride collapsed over him and he dwelled in Ganga. My mother left me just when my sister was born . I have two brothers and one sister 9,10 and 5 year old respectively now I was  their parent and then I had to leave my school I'm just 5th passed  and run this boat in which you are seating over.

( I was shocked I felt sympathy over him but somehow I hold on)

Kapil: How are they now? I mean your 2 brothers and one sister.

Jagdish: They are all settled the older one is pursuing B.TECH from MNIT ALLAHBAD the younger one preparing for competitive exams and my sister is in 10th today and among the top girls.

Kapil: ☺ How you managed to do so? 

Jagdish : It was my hardwork and  dedication and Ganga maiya's(mother) praise which made me to do so despite all hardships. I learnt from my mistakes learn how to drive a boat by just mere observation and Its been 23 years doing the same .

Kapil :Salute to your hustle man I got to learn a lot from you ☺.










 I reached the other end thanking him for the wonderful ride. I felt inspired after everything. I took a taxi headed toward the junction.

Then I thought I often find people excusing about they cant do things just because they lack sources. They just waste time being virtually connected losing all of their focus to the outsourcing world. Infact many times I find myself in the same network. There are people  like Jagdish who make things happen with what they have and on the other side there are people who count how many likes they have .

People like Jagdish do exists and trust me they are the real unstoppables. The trip was amazing I returned home and I found Siddharth my best friend who broke up with Avantika recently. (Well Avantika is the cutest girl on the planet) jokes apart. I will let Siddharth know about Jagdish and learn something from him.

Hats off Jagdish!

Keep the sparks alive!

Kapil :)










Related Articles

13 comments:

  1. Respect bro👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a honour to be your friend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. bhot bdiyaa bhai...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again a great piece of observation penned down on the paper...☺

    Keep going man!
    You are set to a new level of heights!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replace Siddharth by akarsh.... :p :p
    Jokes apart...again a awesome one

    ReplyDelete
  6. Life is real brother

    ReplyDelete
  7. Become unstoppable ✌ very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome ND motivational

    ReplyDelete
  9. R€MARKABL€..##

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Change your domain to "KAPIL THE BHAGWAN".

    ReplyDelete

About

Kapil Yadav is the owner of the blog Esperanza. He is an aspiring author, blogger , technology freak and an ultimate opportunist. An evergrowing learner and a cool content writer.He has been writing stories and poems since he was 13 years and the journey for him is just everlasting.